Our client is a top-tier law firm with decades of experience in high-level complex commercial work. This firm offers only the best quality of service through is fully integrated offices across the African region. They span all commercial areas of law, tax, forensics and intellectual property.
- Responsible to provide legal advice necessary for limited recourse Project Financing and Project Development;
- Responsible to provide legal advice necessary for corporate law/corporate governance matters;
- Supporting and participating in the negotiations of the terms and conditions of project documents with financiers and other parties;
- Competent and responsible drafting and negotiating of project and transaction documentation, in particular, share purchase agreements, shareholders’ agreements, constitutional documentation, finance agreements, project development agreements (including power purchase agreements and off-take agreements) and concession;
- Assist with coordination of due diligence, and arranging and conducting due diligence analyses.
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualified lawyers with 1-3 years of post-qualification experience;
- Sound drafting skills;
- Experience/interest in handling large project development/project finance transactions (beneficial, but not required);
- Substantial experience in handling due diligence investigations;
- Substantial corporate / M&A experience (including experience with establishing and governing JVs);
- Client facing experience and the ability to understand and respond effectively to client needs;
- A commercial approach and an ability to negotiate effectively;
- A collaborative attitude to working within large teams and with colleagues at all levels.
How to apply
Our client wants to see CVs as soon as possible. To make sure you don’t miss out, send your CV or referrals to Mishkah Wahab at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you know any colleagues or friends that might be perfect for this role, please refer them to us. We will make sure that you receive a referral benefit in the event of a successful placement.
As soon as we have your CV we will give you a confidential call to discuss this opportunity.