Our client is a reputable top-tier financial services provider, with offices all over the globe. The company is renowned for their devotion to excellence and engaged employees. They assist domestic and international clients in a wide range of related matters. Our client has mandated us to find exceptional individuals with head of compliance experience.
- Report to the Managing Director and Head of Group Compliance;
- Provide management, leadership, strategic direction, and oversight of the compliance department, including AML, insurance, and risk and governance matters, due diligence, compliance and risk assessments;
- Meet the group’s expectations and full compliance with all national and international laws and regulations;
- Provide advice and guidance to the directors and staff to ensure policies and procedures are thoroughly understood and followed by the business;
- Ability to embrace and adapt to ever-changing priorities, business needs, and regulatory requirements;
- Promote and enhance the compliance, risk, and governance culture at the office;
- Acting as the MLRO and FATCA;
- Establish and maintain constructive relationships with the regulatory body, auditors, and relevant institutions;
- Responsible for advising the local boards and management on AML, compliance, risk management, and insurance issues, escalating any specific items that require special attention to the MD and/or group compliance;
- Receive all suspicious activity reports and liaise internally and externally as appropriate;
- Issue regular reports to the relevant local boards and group compliance on AML, compliance, risk and insurance work including information on regulatory changes, regulatory interaction, breaches, errors, omissions and complaints; progress in implementing recommendations arising from internal audits, external audits, regulatory visits and compliance monitoring activities; and items escalated to the managing director and group compliance during the reporting period.
Qualifications & Experience
- Multi-sector practice experience will be advantageous;
- The candidate must possess an LLB degree from a reputable university;
- Minimum 8 years PQE;
- Solid compliance experience (mandatory);
- Preference will be given to candidates with multiple educational qualifications.
If you know any colleagues or friends that might be perfect for this role, please refer them to us. We will make sure that you receive a referral benefit in the event of a successful placement.
As soon as we have your CV we will give you a confidential call to discuss the opportunity.