Our client is a reputable Corporate Bank which provides corporate banking services to highly prestigious companies across China and Europe. Our client’s Hong Kong branch is seeking a Senior Banking lawyer from a prestigious law firm/in-house position with at least 8+ years of Corporate Finance experience to be the Head of Legal & CAD. The corporate banking unit based in Hong Kong specializes in managing the bank’s relationships in and outside Central & Eastern Europe. Their Hong Kong branch offers an invaluable, and specialized, a platform for those companies in Hong Kong that conduct business with, and in Europe.
- Provides advice and counsel on any legal matters involving Hong Kong, Singapore and Shanghai branches;
- Directs, reviews and administers CAD to ensure that they adhere to existing policy guidelines and that documentation is adequate to protect the interests and rights of the bank;
- Maintains close contacts with Group Legal in Head Office and with external legal counsels.
Qualifications & Experience
- You possess in-depth knowledge and understanding of banking-related laws and the related disciplines in Hong Kong or Singapore. Knowledge of Chinese laws is a plus;
- You are a qualified lawyer with a minimum of 8 years of experience, preferably in a corporate Banking environment;
- Willingness and ability to increase understanding of relevant laws and practices in Singapore/Hong Kong and China. You are motivated to work in an international and challenging financial environment;
- You are flexible, stress-resistant, decisive and enjoy working in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment;
- You can organize your multitude of tasks, projects and meetings well and set the right priorities within them;
- You are able to translate your legal analysis into useful, clear and solution-oriented advice for the business;
- You are enterprising and keen to develop your knowledge and skills;
- You can work both independently and within a team and find it important to build bridges with your internal clients and other support teams without losing sight of your independence;
- Open to expanding and developing your knowledge.
How to apply
Our client wants to see CVs as soon as possible. To make sure you don’t miss out, send your CV or referrals to Mishkah Wahab at email@example.com.
If you know any colleagues or friends that might be perfect for this role, please refer them to us. We will make sure that you receive a referral benefit in the event of a successful placement.
As soon as we have your CV we will give you a confidential call to discuss this opportunity.