Our client is of the world’s leading law firms, they advise many of the largest and most ambitious organisations across all major regions of the globe. With over 4000 professionals, operating from their global network of offices across the Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East and North America, they are at the heart of the new global business landscape providing premium quality, full-service legal advice.
- Visiting legal and support staff at their desks when necessary, to provide one-to-one assistance to resolve problems or provide training/awareness of the systems;
- Providing IT training to new staff and lateral hires to ensure they are able to use the IT systems effectively;
- Ensuring that support calls are dealt with in a timely and professional manner and that all calls are logged in Service Now, the Service Desk Call Management application;
- Overall support for all IT hardware and software in the office, including the Mitel telephony system, fax, photocopiers and mobile devices;
- Providing technical support for the Audio Visual equipment in the conference rooms;
- Troubleshooting any issues internally, with third party suppliers and escalating as appropriate;
- Dealing effectively with third party maintenance/support companies where necessary;
- Providing support for all approved software applications used within the office;
- Providing support for all hardware, including ensuring faulty equipment is repaired;
- Maintaining an asset register and ensuring it is managed effectively and replenished within the required timescales;
- Carrying out installations of new software and coordinating the implementation of new machines around the office;
- Working with the automated build procedure to configure and prepare laptops and desktop PCs;
- Working closely with the London Infrastructure teams, ensuring the local machine room and network equipment is functional and performing as expected;
- Raising and managing Johannesburg related Change Requests, liaising with the appropriate resources from other international offices and attending Regional Technical Review Meetings where appropriate;
- Building strong relationships with the firm’s IT teams worldwide in order to provide effective IT support to staff and acting as the local contact for IT support staff in London.
Qualifications & Experience
- Entry-level technical experience, or 2-3 years of experience within a similar role;
- Proficiency in Windows 7, Windows 10, Office 2010 and Office 365;
- Extensive understanding of desktop, laptop, printer, server and network hardware configuration and administration within a global organisation, particularly Dell, Cisco, Lexmark, Jabra and Mitel;
- Understands the purpose and application of ITIL in the IT function;
- Able to analyse business and systems issues and communicate them effectively at all levels of the firm;
- A degree in Computer Science is preferred, however, an MS certification and commensurate demonstrable work experience will also be considered;
- Demonstrable experience of working as part of a team with a wide geographical spread and numerous international offices; ability to apply consistent systems and processes and also tailor solutions to the Johannesburg office when required;
- Must be able to demonstrate success in a similar role. Candidate must demonstrate the ability to deliver outstanding service in a high-pressure environment working in a relatively small office of a medium to a large organisation;
- Previous experience of supporting information technology within an international law firm would be a strong advantage.
How to apply
Our client wants to see CVs as soon as possible. To make sure you don’t miss out, send your CV or referrals to Mishkah Wahab at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you know any colleagues or friends that might be perfect for this role, please refer them to us. We will make sure that you receive a referral benefit in the event of a successful placement.
As soon as we have your CV we will give you a confidential call to discuss this opportunity.