A leading private equity firm, focusing on clean energy infrastructure developments and project finance investments, require an in house legal advisor for their head office in Cape Town. The principal role of the Legal Advisor will be to provide legal advisory and support services to the Company and its deal team to ensure the effective management of legal and contractual risks for all fund portfolio investments and their underlying projects within the respective national laws and regulations across our Sub-Saharan African territory.
- Ensure the Company is operating within the contractual investment mandates from our respective international investors;
- Advise the GP on operational issues pertaining to governance, particularly in respect to the offshore compliance requirements, and prepare special resolutions and extracts of minutes;
- Recommend effective and efficient tax structures for the Company and Portfolio Companies;
- Monitor and advise on relevant legislation impacting the Company and ensure the business is kept abreast of new legislative and regulatory developments;
- Document legal, commercial and risk policies and processes, where required, to ensure the effective operation of the Company;
- Evaluate new business partnerships with vendors and subcontractors;
- Provide strategic corporate counsel and efficient resolution of all legal issues, and represent the Company in any legal disputes, if required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Legal specialist with a minimum of 2 years post-admission experience specialising in Corporate/Financial/Commercial Law;
- Strong negotiation and communication skills, with an excellent command of English, both written and verbal;
- Sharp attention to detail, preferably with a corporate legal track record in an investment environment in South Africa (Sub-Saharan Africa experience advantageous);
- Good knowledge of the Companies Act, King III and IV and listed requirements;
- Able to interpret legislation and regulatory frameworks within various jurisdictions, as well as identify and effectively manage legal risks and recommend appropriate remedial courses of action.
How to apply
Our client wants to see CVs as soon as possible. To make sure you don’t miss out, send your CV or referrals to James Midlane on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you know any colleagues or friends that might be perfect for this role, please refer them to us. We will make sure that you receive a referral benefit in the event of a successful placement.
As soon as we have your CV we will give you a confidential call to discuss this opportunity.