Our client is a well known and large law firm with a top-notch PE team looking for a skilled private equity & investment funds lawyer to join their amazing and growing Stellenbosch office. As arguably the most reputable firm with a physical presence in the Winelands, the client has a phenomenal existing client base that they are looking to continuously grow. This firm is renowned for its involvement in high-profile, high-value, and headline cases.
- Advise clients on all aspects of private equity & investment (open & closed-ended) funds in South Africa and abroad;
- Advise on the implications and obligations of a private equity fundraising transaction to investment managers, asset managers, funds and investors;
- Advise on the structuring, setting-up and assisting in the operation of funds and management companies in a variety of jurisdictions, predominantly South Africa;
- Set up private equity, real estate and infrastructure funds; hedge funds, umbrella funds, funds of funds, feeder funds, derivative and mezzanine funds;
- Structure individual investment managers’ holdings;
- Advising on licensing and regulation of investment funds and investment management companies;
- Advise on financial services legislation;
- Negotiate and draft final agreements, e.g. investment advisory and management mandates, custody agreements, administration agreements, and prime brokerage agreements;
- Listing investment funds and conduct due diligence;
- Fund migrations and funds litigation services;
- Creating structured products.
Qualifications & Experience
- 6+ years PQE admitted lawyer;
- Law Degree from a leading University, (preference will be given to LLM candidates);
- Solid experience in the private equity and investment funds space;
- Multi-jurisdictional experience (preferred but not mandatory);
- Transferrable book of business;
- Experience dealing with the Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA).
How to apply
Our client wants to see CVs as soon as possible. To make sure you don’t miss out, send your CV or referrals to Rayne Handley at email@example.com.
If you know any colleagues or friends that might be perfect for this role, please refer them to us. We will make sure that you receive a referral benefit in the event of a successful placement.
As soon as we have your CV we will give you a confidential call to discuss this opportunity.