Our client is one of the largest and most reputable law firms and needs talent for their growing Stellenbosch office. They are looking for an ambitious, top-notch restructuring & insolvency lawyer to join their office in the leafy, peaceful, and beautiful Stellenbosch.
- Full working knowledge of the Insolvency Act, the Close Corporations Act, the Old Companies Act, the New Companies Act, and relevant case law precedents;
- An understanding of the Cross-Border Insolvency Act is highly advantageous;
- Ability to handle proceedings in the most appropriate manner;
- Advise clients;
- Advise business rescue directors, stakeholders, employees, and creditors;
- Work would be broad and is case-specific, some examples include; Bankruptcy investigations and examiner representation, complex loan restructurings, cross-border insolvency representation, debtor-in-possession, and exit financings, dispute resolution, and litigation, lender liability, sale and purchase of distressed assets, debt and portfolios, valuation and solvency proceedings.
Qualifications & Experience
- 6+ years PQE admitted lawyer;
- Law Degree from a leading University;
- Solid experience in the sequestration of personal estates, the winding-up of companies and the winding-up of close corporations;
- A transferrable book of business;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills;
- Service-minded organised and able to meet deadlines;
- Positive mentality with a "can do" attitude;
- Litigation and transaction skills are necessary;
- Skills in analysis, negotiation, and math are all great assets in this field.
How to apply
Our client wants to see CVs as soon as possible. To make sure you don’t miss out, send your CV or referrals to Rayne Handley at email@example.com.
If you know any colleagues or friends that might be perfect for this role, please refer them to us. We will make sure that you receive a referral benefit in the event of a successful placement.
As soon as we have your CV we will give you a confidential call to discuss this opportunity.