Our client is a top-tier law firm with decades of experience in high-level complex commercial work. This firm offers only the best quality of service through is fully integrated offices across the African region. They span all commercial areas of law, tax, forensics and intellectual property.
- Giving high-quality legal advice to clients;
- Discussing complex legal issues with clients, attorneys and administrative personnel;
- Analysing probable outcomes based on legal precedents;
- Attending to legal research;
- Interpreting laws, rules and regulations;
- Drafting legal opinions;
- Drafting pleadings and correspondence;
- Gathering and compiling evidence;
- Participating in the interview of witnesses;
- Preparing cases for trial or arbitration;
- Maintaining the confidentiality of legal documents and client records;
- Litigating in civil courts, tribunals and arbitration;
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients;
- Assisting directors with the preparation of training and/or other presentations and articles, and where necessary delivering said presentations;
- Undertaking the legal work to the highest professional and client care standards.
Qualifications & Experience
- SA qualified and admitted attorney,
- At least 4 years post article experience in commercial dispute resolution,
- Significantly experienced in construction-related disputes,
- Court and arbitration experience is preferable (required),
- Thorough knowledge of the procedural requirements of civil litigation and arbitration,
- Passion for litigation,
- Keen to learn and grow,
- The ability to self-regulate,
- The ability to work as a member of a team,
- Being proactive in achieving goals and exceeding goals,
- Going the extra mile,
- Ability to work long hours when necessary,
- Ability to work well under pressure without compromising work quality or standards,
- Ability to handle high volumes and many matters as well as meet deadlines with the view to adding value to the client by delivering the required results,
- Ability to assist with knowledge transfer to junior professionals and take advantage of team interactions,
- Ability to produce consistently high-quality work,
- Display honesty and integrity at all times,
- Ability to communicate well in writing and verbally, with good presentation skills,
- Being proactive in marketing yourself, the team and the firm.
How to apply
Our client wants to see CVs as soon as possible. To make sure you don’t miss out, send your CV or referrals to Mishkah Wahab at email@example.com.
If you know any colleagues or friends that might be perfect for this role, please refer them to us. We will make sure that you receive a referral benefit in the event of a successful placement.
As soon as we have your CV we will give you a confidential call to discuss this opportunity.