Our client understands the needs of a business environment, the fast turnaround times as well as cost-effective solutions. With this large law firm that has decades of experience next to their name, they strive for excellence when rendering their services. Their client-focused outlook ensures that the work is best suited for each client with the appropriate pricing structures.
- Advising on the development and structuring of projects and the acquisition, financing in the areas of energy (including conventional electricity and renewable energy), oil, gas, water, mining and infrastructure projects including road, rail, port and airport infrastructure across various jurisdictions;
- Providing advice in relation to public-private partnerships, public sector law, municipal law regulatory advice and public finance management;
- Advising on service delivery mechanisms such as electricity, waste management, water, airports, fresh produce markets, solar heating, fire services and the structuring and establishment of related entities;
- Advising on aspects of rail and road transportation including the road and rail agreements relating to coal, manganese, iron ore, minerals and other commodities as well as commuter transportation, concession and fleet service agreements;
- Advising on electricity and renewable energy;
- Advising on corporatizations, privatisations and group restructurings.
Qualifications & Experience
- An admitted attorney (dual qualification in South Africa and England preferable);
- Commercial qualification would be beneficial;
- At least 3 - 4 years’ practising experience, preferably in a project's development/ project, financing / commercial environment;
- Experience gained in Southern African countries such as Botswana, Malawi, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania, Angola and Mozambique would be beneficial;
- Excellent command of the English language;
- Fluency in Portuguese and/or French would also be advantageous;
- Excellent drafting skills.
How to apply
Our client wants to see CVs as soon as possible. To make sure you don’t miss out, send your CV or referrals to Mishkah Wahab at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you know any colleagues or friends that might be perfect for this role, please refer them to us. We will make sure that you receive a referral benefit in the event of a successful placement.
As soon as we have your CV we will give you a confidential call to discuss this opportunity.