OFFSHORE LITIGATION – HONG KONG
Having been around for over 50 years, our client has global strategically placed offices to best serve the needs of their clients. Amongst the broad range of services our client provides, the legal services teams are globally coordinated, with consistent systems, policies and procedures across all offices, and are connected by a common goal: to deliver the highest quality advice and solutions to our clients. Offering an extensive range of legal services, they advise financial, institutional, business and private clients on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg,
Our client is looking for –
· An Admitted Attorney
· Post Qualification Experience of 8+ years
· Knowledge specifically on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands and Ireland
· Litigation experience is paramount, particularly, but not limited to the commercial and corporate sector
Language is an advantage (Mandarin and/or Cantonese)
The Role –
· Focus on strategies designed to avoid disputes and mitigate risk
· Provide support and assistance in respect of proceedings in numerous jurisdictions around the world, where there are valued relationships with leading international law firms.
· Advise listed companies on activist investors, dealing with contentious board matters and advise on breaches of shareholder agreements and constitutional documents.
· Advise funds and their directors on winding down or restructuring funds' affairs
· Assist creditors, investors, liquidators and service providers in contentious fund liquidations and parallel foreign bankruptcy and regulatory proceedings
· Advise on disputes on subscription terms and the interpretation of side letters
· Act for funds and service providers on NAV mispricing cases, audit/administrator negligence disputes and claims against directors
· Act for leverage providers and counterparties to distressed funds
· Advise employers on both contentious and non-contentious employment-related issues.
· Draft and negotiate contracts of employment and workplace policies,
· Advise on the procedures required for successfully completing a disciplinary or grievance procedure
· Advise employers on the Transfer of Undertakings Regulations especially where the employer is part of a complex group structure,
· Advise on redundancy and workplace restructuring
Do you form part of this niche market in Hong Kong, with experience in the laws of the British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands and Ireland? Then take this opportunity and join a team with global recognition and incredible expertise.
If you or someone you know meet the above requirements, do not hesitate, take that leap and contact our Recruitment Partner and CEO, Rob Green firstname.lastname@example.org