Our client is a South African multinational mobile telecommunications company, operating in many African, European and Asian countries. The client is entering a new phase in its lifecycle where operational and commercial excellence has become crucial for success.
- Draft, negotiate and formalise legal aspects of commercial arrangements concluded by the company in implementing its strategy relating to Digital Services, including the acquisition of new digital services or product partners, investing in new technologies, or establishing joint ventures;
- Manage and provide legal advice and opinions;
- Manage and participate in various projects and initiatives undertaken by different departments from a legal perspective;
- Management of litigation and active engagement in the resolution of on-going disputes;
- Draft and update contract templates in line with best practices;
- Draft and update legal policies and procedures in line with best practices;
- Conceptualise and deploy innovative methods for contracting for digital products and services;
- Provide support, guidance and advice to (the company’s) Operating Companies, where requested or required, regarding legal aspects of transactions, legal risks and other legal matters relating to Digital Services and related technologies;
- Manage legal relationships between Operations, and management of legal relationships between the company and its trade partners;
- Effective negotiation, drafting and reviewing of quality contracts;
- Attend to all legal queries from various departments;
- Liaise with, and collate feedback from, various internal stakeholders and departments for purposes of transactions, initiatives and projects;
- Ensure that input of relevant internal stakeholders and departments is addressed and reflected in transaction documents and in policies and procedures;
- Advise management and stakeholders on new legislation and the impact thereof on the business;
- Monitor and keep abreast of legal and industry developments;
- Knowledge sharing and providing training to members of the legal team and other stakeholders on legal and industry developments;
- Liaise with, and manage external law firms;
- Ensure all agreements, letters of intent and contracts comply with company policies and procedures;
- Assist in the selection and evaluation of contractors and tendering processes;
- Identify possible risks, and manage the implementation of mitigating strategies;
- Evaluate responses from Vendors;
- Ensure all vendor responses and details are captured in the transaction documents, once the vendor has been selected;
- Track and enforce key contract terms;
- Manage non-adherence to contractual commitments;
- Ensure subject matter expert opinions and recommendations have been implemented in draft contracts and templates.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 4-year Academic Degree with Honours (LLB or equivalent preferred);
- Admission as an attorney;
- MBA / Masters advantageous;
- Member of the South African Institute of Intellectual Property (or international equivalent) and having passed its examinations (an advantage);
- Fluent in English;
- Fluent in French (an advantage).
How to apply
Our client wants to see CVs as soon as possible. To make sure you don’t miss out, send your CV or referrals to Mishkah Wahab at email@example.com.
If you know any colleagues or friends that might be perfect for this role, please refer them to us. We will make sure that you receive a referral benefit in the event of a successful placement.
As soon as we have your CV we will give you a confidential call to discuss this opportunity.